Women's Basketball Defeated by UAlbany
The Central Connecticut women’s basketball team fell to UAlbany on Wednesday at home in New Britain, CT.
The Blue Devils fell to UAlbany Wednesday night at 7:00 pm.
Score: CCSU 37, UALBANY 56
Records: CCSU (1-8), UA (6-2)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium | New Britain, CT
- CCSU opened the scoring on the opening possession but would go six and a half minutes without a field goal as UAlbany scored six straight points and went ahead 6-3 halfway through the opening quarter. The Blue Devils would get within a point but UA would hit a pair of three-pointers and lead 14-9 after the opening period.
- The Blue Devils opened the second quarter with a three-pointer by Ciera Pearson, but UAlbany would respond with a 9-2 run to push its lead to 23-14 midway through the second quarter. The Great Danes's lead would reach double-figures before a steal and layin by Amaya Williams and jumper by Meghan Kenefick got Central within, 26-20, at halftime.
- The Great Danes went on a 13-2 run to open the third and extend their lead to 39-22 midway through the quarter. CCSU matched with a 10-3 run of their own to end the quarter and cut the UAlbany lead to 42-33.
- With 6:37 left in the fourth quarter Meghan Huerter hit a triple extending the Great Danes's lead to 45-35. It would ignite a 14-4 UAlbany run to go ahead that the Blue Devils would not recover from.
- UAlbany leads the all-time series, 3-1, and has won the past two matchups.
- The Blue Devils were led by Senior Belle Lanpher with 13 points, three assists, and one steal.
The Blue Devils play at Seton Hall on Friday night in a 7:00 p.m. tipoff.