Welcome to the CCSU Wellness Room for Student-Athletes!
This space was designed solely with the well-being of our student-athletes in mind. It is a safe, peaceful space for student-athletes to relax and decompress from their busy, stressful lives. Stop in and relax in a yogibo, listen to calming music, have a snack and a hot cocoa or tea. There are many activities available in the room...you may choose to read, play chess, color, do a crossword puzzle, or just come in and sit on a comfy sofa and BE.
In order to fully experience the relaxation this room is intended to provide, this is a cell phone free environment.
Student-athletes who have an interest in helping out in the Wellness Room as a supervisor should contact Molly McCarthy, WR coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wellness Room is located on the first floor in Kaiser Hall Room 115.
Open hours occur Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00-5:00. Check the WR door for the week’s open hours.
More about the Wellness Room:
The Wellness Room is private place for personal conversations between staff and student-athletes. The location is centralized and convenient to the lives of student-athletes. The Center/Room is directed by Athletic Personnel who student-athletes know and have a level of trust and degree of comfort with.
* Nutritionists who work with the Athletics Strength and Conditioning staff may meet with student-athletes in a private space, in a comfortable setting.
* Psycho-educational sessions with smaller groups of student-athletes on topics such as mental health awareness and care and alcohol education.
* Meeting and activity space for colleagues from the CCSU Counseling and Wellness Center may engage our student-athletes in holistic well-being activities and awareness programs (suicide prevention, alcohol awareness, self esteem, bullying, de-stress etc.)
* Mindfulness meditation education and mini workshops of positive mental health strategies offered.
* Drop in opportunities for student-athletes to take a mental break and decompress in a quiet and peaceful environment. Activities in the room are available to facilitate mindfulness practice.
* A location where student-athletes can engage in community service activities – such as the elementary school pen pal project and creating holiday cards for the elderly.
* Creative activities for mental relaxation offered here.
* A hub for student-athletes to gather information about mental health and wellness, and nutrition services on campus -- a variety of literature is available in the Wellness Room.