The Central Connecticut volleyball team had its four-game win streak snapped in a 3-0 setback at Seton Hall on Friday night in South Orange, NJ. The Blue Devils were limited to to just 26 kills in the match, led by Nyjha Marcelin who had six.
Score: Seton Hall 3, CCSU 0 (25-19, 25-17)
Records: CCSU (5-4), SHU (7-3)
Location: Seton Hall Classic | Walsh Gym (South Orange, NJ)
- A service ace by Rachel Picha would tie the opening set at 4-4, before Seton Hall scored four straight points to take the lead for good. The Blue Devils were within 13-10, but the Pirates would eventually stretch the margin to 20-13 before winning the frame on consecutive errors by CCSU.
- Seton Hall scored 12 straight points in the second set to take control from the jump in the second set. Central would try to claw back into the match, but the Pirates would not allow CCSU to get closer than seven points.
- The third set opened with the teams going back-and-forth. The Blue Devils led 5-3 following a kill by Isabelle Roufs, but the Pirates would break a 6-6 deadlock with a 12-3 run to go ahead 18-9 to build a lead Central could not overcome.
NUMBER TO KNOW
8 - Central has played eight straight three-set matches, going 5-3 in those contests.
- Isabelle Roufs had five kills and hit .444 in the match.
- Tori Boulay had 13 assists and six digs, while Natalie Novak had 10 assists and five digs.
- Lauren Milani had five kills and nine digs.
- The Blue Devils have played just one match longer than four sets this season, a 3-1 setback to Providence in the season-opener.
- Central entered the match on a four-game win streak, its longest since winning five straight from Oct. 19-Nov. 2, 2019.
- The Pirates limited CCSU to a .055 attack percentage in the match and totaled 7.0 blocks as a team. The Blue Devils commited 20 attack errors in the match, compared to just 11 for SHU.
Central will play NJIT and Dartmouth on Saturday. Links to live stats and video to follow the matches are available HERE.