Homecoming Weekend is on tap, with home football and men's soccer, as well as the season debut of the Blue Devils swimming and diving team at the Fairfield Invite
Saturday, 10/8/22 vs Brown; 1:00 pm, Arute Field
- The Blue Devils and Brown are meeting for the first time in program history this Saturday
- Bruce Biel and Marc Robbins will call all the action on NEC Front Row, beginning at 1pm
- Kyren Petteway had a career-best seven catches on Saturday at Saint Francis U
Men's Soccer (instagram)
Sunday, 10/9/22 vs. Saint Francis U; 1:00 pm
- The Blue Devils are playing at home for the first time since September 14. CCSU has played its past three games on the road.
- Central will be looking for its first win over SFU since 10/8/17. Dating back to the 2002 season, the Red Flash hold a 9-7-1 edge in the series.
- Eight different Blue Devils have scored a goal this season. Birk Martinsen leads the team in scoring with four points.
Sunday, 10/9/22 at Howard University; 11:00 am
- CCSU continues league play on Sunday at Howard University in Washington, DC.
- This will only be the second game ever played between the Bison and the Blue Devils.
- In the teams' first matchup, CCSU defeated Howard 3-1 at home in the 2021 season.
- This matchup has been named a Morgan's Message Dedication game.
Friday, 10/7/22 at Saint Francis U, 5:00 pm
Saturday, 10/8/22 at FDU, 4:00 pm
- CCSU has played three straight five-set matches, going 2-1.
- The Blue Devils have gone 9-1 against both Saint Francis U and FDU in the past 10 meetings.
- Rachel Picha ranks 11th nationally in service aces per set (0.62) and CCSU leads the NEC with 2.05 blocks per set.
Friday, 10/7/22 at Fairfield Invite (Diving); 6:00 pm
Saturday, 10/8/22 at Fairfield Invite (Swimming); 11:00 am
- CCSU begins its 2022-23 campaign with a two-day event at the Fairfield Invitational in Fairfield, CT
- The Blue Devils home opener comes on October 22 when they welcome NEC newcomer Stonehill to Suydam Natatorium
Saturday, 10/8/22 - New England Championships, Women 12:00 pm; Men 1:30 pm
- CCSU is slated to compete at the 2022 New England Championships this Saturday at Franklin Park in Boston, MA.
- Last year, the CCSU men's squad placed fourth and were the highest placed Northeast Conference team at the race. James Sullivan finished 17th in the race with a time of 25:15.1.
- As for the women, Ashley Dana came in 23rd and Brooke Morabito finished 48th, helping to earn CCSU eighth place out of 23 teams.
- Tickets for the CCSU Alumni Athletics Hall of Fame Induction ceremony, October 6th, for the Class of 2020 are on sale (Buy Now)