The Central Connecticut volleyball team took its fourth straight match by a 3-0 score with a victory over Hartford on Tuesday in New Britain, CT. The Blue Devils had nine blocks as a team and hit .227 in the win.
Score: CCSU 3, Hartford 0 (25-18, 25-19, 25-12)
Records: CCSU (5-3), Hartford (0-11)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium | New Britain, CT
- The Blue Devils rebounded from a slow start in the opening set as the score was tied 16-16 following a block bby Isabelle Roufs and Lauren Milani. Central would score seven straight to take control before closing out the opening frame.
- CCSU trailed 13-10 midway through the second set before calling timeout. The Blue Devils would respond by going ahead 15-14 following a kill by Mia Lombardo. Central would pad its lead with five unanswered points to make it 21-16 and closed it out on a kill by Weronika Poczynek.
- Central did not trail in the final set and would build a 10-3 lead after a kill by Isabella Bratzke and eventually pushed the margin to 20-7. Hartford would force a timeout after clawing back to get within 21-12, but a kill by Lombardo and an ace by Lauren Milani would end the rally.
NUMBER TO KNOW
5 - Isabelle Roufs had five total blocks, achieving that mark for the third time this season.
- Mia Lombardo and Isabella Bratzke each had eight kills. Lombardo hit .615 in the match, while Bratzke added nine digs and a block.
- Rachel Picha had three service aces and 19 digs.
- Lauren Milani had six kills, three blocks and two service aces.
Central travels to Seton Hall this weekend and will play the Pirates on Friday night. Links to live stats and video to follow the matches are available HERE.