Women's soccer hosts the NEC Tournament, beginning Thursday, and basketball season tips off on Monday.
Saturday, 11/5/22 at LIU; 1:00 pm, Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium
- Nas Smith and Shayne Manson were NEC Prime Performers following career days in the win over Wagner
- Paul Dottino will call all the action on ESPN3 for the game at LIU
- This is the first-ever road game in the series for CCSU with LIU, who have split the first two meetings between the squads
Thursday, 11/3/22 vs. FDU; 1:00 pm, NEC Tournament Semifinal
- Women's soccer, the NEC Regular Season Champion, opens postseason play by hosting FDU on CCSU Soccer Field in search of a 13th conference crown
- The Blue Devils tied FDU 1-1 in the regular season meeting between the two teams
- CCSU has allowed just eight goals to NEC opponents the past two regular seasons, three this season in nine games
- Should the Blue Devils advance they will host the championship game on Sunday at 1pm, versus Merrimack or Sacred Heart
Men's Soccer (instagram)
Thursday, 11/3/22 vs. Sacred Heart; 4:30 pm
- The Blue Devils close out the season against Sacred Heart. CCSU is 10-8-2 in the last 20 matchups, including a 7-2-1 mark in the last 10.
- Daniel Wilmore made a career-high 11 saves at St. Francis Brooklyn on Sunday. He ranks 5th in the NEC with 4.70 saves per game.
- Central has had 10 different goal scorers this season, Birk Martinsen leads the team with three goals on the campaign.
Friday, 11/4/22, at Stonehill, 5:00 pm
Saturday, 11/5/22, at Merrimack, 4:00 pm
- The Blue Devils play their final two NEC road contests of the regular season this weekend. CCSU defeated Stonehill and Merrimack on Oct. 14 and 15, respectively, and have a combined 8-0 mark in D-I play against the schools.
- Tori Boulay surpassed 1,000 career assists last weekend in the match against St. Francis Brooklyn.
- CCSU leads the conference in blocks per set at 2.14. Isabelle Roufs ranks second with 1.13 blocks per set.
Sunday, 11/6/22, at Stony Brook, 1:00 pm
- CCSU and Stony Brook duel in the pool for only the second time, with the first meeting a CCSU win, 124-111, in December 20009
- Ella Discala has the fastest 100 breaststroke time, 1:06.53, in the NEC this season
- Gabi Wroblewski's, the Rookie of the Week in the NEC last week, holds the league's best 400 IM time 4:36.32
Monday, November 7, at UMass; 5:00pm
- The Blue Devils begin their 51st season at UMass, their 12th consecutive road season opener
- CCSU returns three of its top four leading scorers from a season ago, including All-NEC Preseason selection Forever Toppin
- CCSU and UMass are meeting for the seventh time, with each squad winning three contests
Monday, November 7, at UMass; 7:30pm
- The Blue Devils open the 2022-23 season at UMass. The campaign marks the second in charge of the program for head coach Patrick Sellers.
- Nigel Scantlebury was named to the Preseason All-NEC team and is back after averaging 13.3 points per game.
- CCSU was picked 6th in the preseason coaches poll and will look to win its season-opener for the first time since 2018-19.
- Women's Cross Country won its fifth consecutive NEC Championship last week, and seventh all time (Read More)