The Central Connecticut volleyball team swept its third straight match with a win over Manhattan on Wednesday in New Britain, CT. The Blue Devils had six athletes with at least five kills in the match.
Score: CCSU 3, Manhattan (25-17, 25-14, 25-13)
Records: CCSU (4-3), Manhattan (0-3)
Location: Detrick Gymnasium | New Britain, CT
- The Blue Devils fell behind 3-0 to open the match, but quickly recovered with three straight points. The Blue Devils would build a 14-7 lead powered by seven service points from Lauren Milani. Milani had three straight aces in the stretch and CCSU never trailed again. A kill by Mia Lombardo closed out the opening set.
- The second set was tied, 8-8, before Isabelle Roufs served three straight points and Central build a 12-9 lead. Rachel Picha would serve five straight points, including two aces, late in the set as CCSU took a 2-0 lead in the match.
- Central opened the third set by scoring the first eight points, served by Isabella Bratzke and Madison Massaro-Cook. The lead would grow to 15-1 and the set did not get closer than nine points the rest of the way.
NUMBER TO KNOW
.421 - CCSU hit .421 as a team, the fifth-best mark in program history.
NUMBER TO KNOW
"Our goal is to focus on our level of play. We started off slow with our passing, but then we settled into our level of play and had a lot of great opportunities. A great thing as a coach is when you can get all of your players onto the floor and tonight we got everybody in," said head coach Linda Sagnelli.
- Roufs and Marcelin led the team with seven kills each.
- Kaylin Hadley had six kills and hit .857, while Mia Lombardo had five kills and hit .833.
- Tori Boulay had 21 assists, while Natalie Novak had 10 assists.
- Bratzke had 10 digs, while Picha had four aces in the match.
- Manhattan was limited to a .095 hitting percentage.
Central will host Hartford on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. Links to live stats and video to follow the matches are available HERE.