Central Connecticut State University Athletics #GOBLUEDEVILS

Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

Women's Soccer Defeated by UConn

Women's Soccer Defeated by UConn

The Central Connecticut women's soccer team fell to UConn, 4-0, on Sunday afternoon at the CCSU Soccer Field in New Britain, CT.  


Score: UConn 4, CCSU 0 

Records: CCSU (2-5, 0-0 NEC), UConn (3-2-1, 0-0 BEC) 

Location: CCSU Soccer Field (New Britain, CT) 


"The score line is a little harsh on us. Credit to UConn for scoring four goals on five shots. In the second half they were efficient in front of the goal, and we were not. We missed a few chances that we would normally put away and their keeper came up huge for them. Between the two 18's I thought we were really good, but we've got to be better inside both boxes."- Head Coach Mick D'Arcy 


  • In the 8th minute of the first half, Roma McLaughlin passed the ball to Zoe McGlynn at the top of the box. McGlynn took the shot, sending the ball towards the bottom right corner of the net, where it was saved by Huskies' goalkeeper, Kaitlyn Mahoney. 

  • Central had their second scoring chance in the 14th minute when Kristina Kelly played the ball forward to Erin Sutter who shot the ball just over the top of the net. 

  • CCSU kicked off the second half with another shot on goal by McGlynn in the 47th minute. Kelly made a through pass down the field, giving McGlynn the shot opportunity. She kicked it to the bottom center of the goal where it was snatched by Mahoney. 

  • UConn took control in the 55th minute when Jada Konte passed the ball across the box to Abbey Jones. Jones shot the ball with her left foot towards the bottom, right corner of the goal, where it ricocheted off the goalpost and into the back of the net. 

  • The Huskies scored their next goal less than two minutes later. Konte was able to knock the ball in during a scramble with CCSU defenders right in front of the goal line when a shot from Jones was deflected by Murphy. 

  • In the 61st minute, the Huskies scored their third goal when Jaydah Bedoya fired a long ball from several yards outside of the box. The shot snuck past Murphy at the far-right post. 

  • Central had two shots on goal, both by McLaughlin, late in the second half. In the 64th minute, she fired a shot in the attacking third into the top left corner of the goal where it was saved by Mahoney. Less than two minutes later, she ran through a trio of defenders and sent a shot into the top center of the goal where it was, again, blocked by Mahoney.  

  • UConn scored their fourth and final goal in the 79th minute of the game when the ball broke loose in the box after a save by Murphy. Peyton Pettiford-Rowan was able knock the ball into the back of the net, securing the rebound goal. 


9- This was the 9th straight year that the Blue Devils faced the Huskies.   


  • The Huskies scored four out of their five shots on goal. 

  • Possession percentage was almost perfectly distributed between the two teams with UConn at roughly 49% and CCSU at around 51%. 

  • CCSU and UConn have met every year since 2012 and their last game at the CCSU Soccer Field in 2019 resulted in a 1-1 tie. Today, the Huskies improved their record to 13-1-1 against the Blue Devils. 


The Blue Devils are back on the road and will face LIU on Thursday at 2:00pm at the LIU Soccer Park in Brookville, New York. 

Tickets for CCSU home games can be purchased at CCSUBlueDevils.com or at the box office upon entry to Kaiser Hall and Detrick Gymnasium. Admission for all CCSU students, faculty and staff is free of charge with a valid Blue Chip card.  

All CCSU home games and Northeast Conference games are available to watch online, for free, at NECFrontRow.com. 




(860) 832-BLUE

Privacy Policy