Blue Devils Win All Nine Events To Win Two-Day Dual
The Blue Devils defeated SHU 262-91 by winning 18 of 19 events competed during the weekend.
The Central Connecticut State swimming and diving team won all nine events competed on Saturday on the second day of a two-day dual meet versus Northeast Conference foe Sacred Heart. The Blue Devils won 18 of 19 events in the meet and earned a 262-91 victory.
The Blue Devils, now 5-1 in dual meets, are back in the pool on January 27th for a dual meet at Rhode Island.
- Katrine O'Leary, Cassidy Stotler, Megan Dunnigan and Gabby Spaciano started the second day with a win in the 200-medley relay, touching at 1:49.88
- Nathalie Pena, Grace Young, Jillena Plowucha and Lauryn Cowing finished third in the medley relay, with a swim of 1:54.13
- O'Leary, Milhomens, Gabby Spaciano and Welcome combined to win the 400-freestyle relay, with a swim of 3:37.73, nearly six seconds in front of the second place finisher
- Kretkowski, Cowing, Rutledge and Keane teamed up for a 3:47.40 effort, good for third place in the final relay
- Gabi Wroblewski led a 1-2-3 sweep of the 400 IM for the Blue Devils, eking out a .05-second victory over teammate Sophie Milhomens, finishing at 4:37.52
- Morgan O'Hara finished third in the IM with a 4:42.42 effort
- Milhomens snagged the top spot in the 200-backstroke, with a time of 2:06.40
- Dunnigan (2:09.48) and Pena (2:12.06) placed third and fourth respectively in the backstroke
- Cassidy Stotler captured the top spot in the 100-butterfly, with her winning time of 58.61, 2.37 seconds in front of the runner-up
- Dunnigan finished fourth at 1:01.25 and Hannah Kretkowski was fifth with a 1:01.59
- Cassidy Stotler earned her second individual win of the day in the 200 breaststroke, swimming 2:23.77, to lead the Blue Devils to the top five times in the event
- Young finished second at 2:28.86 and Morgan O'Hara was third at 2:31.17
- Shannon Welcome and Spaciano went 1-2 in the 100 free, swimming 54.05 and 54.50 respectively, while Cowing finished fourth at 55.18
- Abbey Keane earned another win in the 500-freestyle, holding off Welcome to win at 5:12.39, to Welcomes 5:13.12
- Maggie Rutledge was the third-place finisher for the Blue Devils, swimming 5:14.49 and Taylor Demarest was the fifth-fastest time in the meet at 5:23.71