CCSU Women's Soccer Settles for 1-1 Draw vs Stonehill
The Central Connecticut women's soccer goes to 6-0-3 in the NEC as Abbie Burgess scored in the 64th minute to salvage a 1-1 tie at Stonehill Sunday afternoon.
The Central Connecticut women's soccer team settled for a 1-1 draw with Stonehill Sunday afternoon at W.B Mason Stadium in North Easton MA.
GAME INFORMATION | BOXSCORE
Score: CCSU 1, Stonehill 1
Records: CCSU 8-4-4 (6-0-3 NEC); Stonehill 2-13-3 (NEC 2-6-2)
Location: North Easton, MA | W.B. Mason Stadium
- At the 6-minute mark, Stonehill struck first with an impressive 30-yard boot from forward Grace Caso, putting the Skyhawks ahead 1-0.
- In the 13th minute, Blue Devil midfielder Gia Edwards was fouled in the box by a Skyhawk defender. Giavanna Inzerillo promptly took the penalty kick but it resulted in a miss wide right of the goal.
- In the 64th minute, Abbie Burgges found the back of the net on a pretty feed from teammate Emma Radoncic to tie the match 1-1.
- Daniela De Souza nearly put the Blue Devils ahead in the 85th minute on a shot just over the crossbar.
Numbers to know:
- 20 - The Blue Devils attempted nine shots in the second half which totaled 20 for the match. Central's defense was able to hold Stonehill to one shot in the second half.
- This was the second time the Blue Devils and the Skyhawks faced off. CCSU defeated Stonehill 6-0, on September 25th, 2022 in New Britain to advance to 3-0 in conference play.
- The CCSU women's soccer team is now tied with FDU for second in the conference standings with 21 points. Merrimack stands alone in first place with 22 points and they will face LIU on Thursday, October 26th at 3:00 PM.
The Blue Devils play Thursday at the CCSU Soccer field in New Britain for the regular season finale on October 26th at 4:00 PM EDT