The Central Connecticut men's soccer team fell to Rider, 2-0, on Wednesday night in New Britain, CT. The Blue Devils surrendered goals on either side of halftime to the Broncs
Score: Rider 2, CCSU 0
Records: CCSU (2-4), Rider (1-4)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field (New Britain, CT)
- Rider got on the scoreboard just over eight minutes into the contest. Jack McGeechan picked up the ball on the left wing and sent a cross into the box that found Adel Al-Masude who tapped it into the net to make it 1-0.
- The Blue Devils would muster a pair of chances before halftime to try and level the score. David Akpan had his shot tipped over the crossbar in the 29th minute and Matthew Alfred's shot on goal was collected by Guillaume Veinante.
- The Broncs tacked on an insurance goal with just 2:30 to play when Veinante sent a long kick into the CCSU half that was headed on by Lenny Cidolit and Jeremy Peterson. Dylan Kotch would get on the end of the passes and put his shot into the lower left corner to make it 2-0.
NUMBER TO KNOW
9 - The CCSU defense limited the Broncs to nine shots, the fewest the Blue Devils have allowed since a 1-0 win over St. Bonaventure
- Daniel Wilmore started his second straight game and made four stops.
- David Akpan and Matthew Alfred each had a shot on goal for the Blue Devils.
- Rider had a 9-2 edge in shots and 5-3 in corner kicks.
The Blue Devils play one final non-conference contest, travelling to Brown on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
All CCSU home games and Northeast Conference games are available to watch online, for free, at NECFrontRow.com.