The Central Connecticut men's soccer team finished with a 0-0 tie in Northeast Conference action against Stonehill on Sunday at CCSU Soccer Field in New Britain, CT. The Blue Devils honored their class of seniors prior to the contest.
Score: CCSU 0, Stonehill 0
Records: CCSU (3-9-1, 1-4-1 NEC), Stonehill (1-10-1, 1-4-1 NEC)
Location: CCSU Soccer Field | New Britain, CT
- Wilmore stopped Jacob Woznicki in the 12th minute on a point-blank shot from the left post
- Giulio Potenti had a blast from the top of the 18 tipped over the crossbar by Carlos Dias Neto 15 minutes into the match
- Wilmore came up big twice more in the first-half, stopping an Aidan O'Sullivan shot in the 21st minute and Woznicki again in the 31st to keep the game level
- Kyle Halehale had a header off a Sean Gannon corner kick in the 49th minute was saved on the post by Dias Neto
- Joey Tata took a strike from the top of the box with 11:47 to play that was corralled by Dias Neto as well
- Wilmore made his final save, stopping Shane Fonseca with 3:12 to play
- The Blue Devils earned a pair of corner kicks in the final 2:15, but could not convert
NUMBER TO KNOW
7 - The Blue Devils had a balanced attack with seven players recording at least one shot in the game. CCSU had a 10-8 edge in shots in the game.
- The teams were meeting for the first time as NEC opponents.
- Central recognized seniors Sean Gannon, Mitchell Lyons, Daniel Wilmore and Nicholas Wlodarczyk as well as Team Impact teammate Amare Taylor prior to the game.
- Wilmore made four saves in the game for his second shutout of the season. He also had a scoreless 45 minutes of action at Brown.
- CCSU had a 6-5 margin in corner kicks.
- Lyons, Caden Gallagher and Giulio Potenti each had two shots for Central.