The Central Connecticut men's soccer team was unable to overcome a pair of first half goals at FDU, falling 2-0 in Northeast Conference action on Thursday in Teaneck, NJ. The Blue Devils were under pressure for much of the opening half before collecting themselves to mount attacks before halftime, but the Knights maintained their early lead for the win.
The Blue Devils return to action at home on Sunday, Oct. 23, against Stonehill in a 3:00 p.m. contest.
Score: CCSU 0, FDU 2
Records: CCSU (3-9, 1-4 NEC), FDU (7-5-2, 5-0-1 NEC)
Location: University Stadium | Teaneck, NJ
- The Knights opened the scoring in the 28th minute after working a give-and-go. Joshua Ferreira slipped a low shot to the far corner off a pass from Jordan Alonge to make it 1-0.
- FDU doubled its lead just before halftime when a foul was given in the penalty area. Hugo Bacharach converted the ensuing penalty kick to make it 2-0 at 36:15.
- Central nearly got a goal back iwith a pair of chances in the closing minutes of the first half. I the 41st minute a misplayed ball squirted free, but the Blue Devils wer unable to get on the end of it for a shot. Just over a minute later, Joey Tata had a shot inside the 18-yard box, but his shot was sent just wide.
NUMBER TO KNOW
8 - CCSU matched a season-high with eght saves in the game.
- The game was originally scheduled to be played on Oct. 13, but was postponed due to weather.
- Daniel Wilmore made a career-high eight saves for Central.
- Giulio Potenti paced the Central attack with three shots, including one on target.
- The Blue Devils fell to the Knights for the first time in the past three meetings.
The Blue Devils host Stonehill on Sunday. CCSU will honor its group of four seniors prior to the game.
All CCSU home games and Northeast Conference games are available to watch online, for free, at NECFrontRow.com.