The Central Connecticut men's soccer team came up short at Quinnipiac, falling 2-1 on Saturday in Hamden, CT. The Blue Devils and Bobcats were tied at halftime, before QU notched the game-winning goal in the second half.
Score: Quinnipiac 2, CCSU 1
Records: CCSU (2-2), QU (3-1-1)
Location: Quinnipiac Soccer/Lacrosse Turf Complex (Hamden, CT)
- Quinnipiac opened the scoring in the 26th minute when Tomas Svecula fished off a pass from Jason Budhai.
- Central Connecticut evened the game in the 41st minute when Joey Tata scored his first career goal off an assist by Ivan Farias-Martinez.
- The eventual game-winner was scored in the 56th minute when Alex Holle scored off a pass from Erik Langwagen to make it 2-1.
- Central would rip off two shots in a three-minute span late in the game, forcing QU's Karl Netzell to make saves.
NUMBER TO KNOW
7 - Tata became the seventh different goal-scorer this season for the Blue Devils.
- Daniel Wilmore made seven saves in net for Central.
- David Akpan and Caden Gallagher each had two shots for the Blue Devils
- Quinnipiac had a 12-7 edge in shots and 5-3 in corner kicks.
The Blue Devils host Rider on Wednesday, September 14, at 6:00 p.m.
All CCSU home games and Northeast Conference games are available to watch online, for free, at NECFrontRow.com.