Men's Basketball Pulls Away for Convincing 76-60 Win at FDU
The Central Connecticut men's basketball team pulled away for a 76-60 win at FDU on Thursday in Northeast Conference action on ESPNU. The Blue Devils picked up their league-leading seventh road win and shot 55 percent from the field in a game that they by as many as 20.
Kellen Amos had his second double-double of the year with 16 points and 10 rebounds, while Jordan Jones scored a game-high 19 points. CCSU shot 30-of-55 (.545) from the field and 6-of-18 (.333) from three-point range. Central was 10-of-12 (.833) at the foul line.
Ansley Almonor and Sean Moore each scored 16 points to lead FDU. FDU shot 25-of-69 (.362) overall and 6-of-25 (.240) from three-point range. The Knights shot just 4-of-9 (.444) at the foul line.
The Blue Devils return home against Wagner on Saturday. End of season mini-packs are now on sale for fans to purchase tickets for the last six regular season home games. Ticket packs purchased now also make fans eligible to reserve tickets for any postseason games as well.
GAME INFORMATION | BOX SCORE
Score: CCSU 76, FDU 60
Records: CCSU (11-8, 5-1 NEC), FDU (9-12, 3-3 NEC)
Location: Bogota Savings Bank Center | Hackensack, NJ
- The teams would trade leads in the early going before CCSU ran off a 9-0 run to build a 21-14 lead midway through the opening half. Joe Ostrowsky would hit a three-pointer and assist on a dunk by Allan Jeanne-Rose to punctuate the spurt. The Blue Devils would hold the Knights scoreless for a four-minute stretch.
- The Blue Devils would push the lead to 32-23 with just under five minutes left in the period. Kellen Allen, who hit his first four shots of the game, would score on a driving layup at the 4:50 mark. Jordan Jones would score four straight for CCSU to close the half and make it 41-29.
- CCSU made 5-of-6 from the field to open the second half. A layup by Jones made it 49-34 before a foul shot by Jayden Brown pushed the lead to 16 with 16:27 to play. The Blue Devils eventually extended the lead to 64-44 on a three-pointer by Joe Ostrowsky.
- FDU scored six straight points in a quick run to cut the deficit to 66-55. A three-pointer by Sean Moore with 6:42 remaining, but that was as close as the game would get as the Blue Devils responded with an 8-0 run and would not see its lead fall below 15 the rest of the way.
NUMBER TO KNOW
44 – CCSU outscored FDU, 44-30, on points in the paint.
- FDU leads the all-time series, 30-25, but CCSU won the last two meetings.
- CCSU played eight in the game and each would score a field goal.
- Jones added a game-high seven assists against just one turnover.
- Amos shot 7-of-12 from the field and has 24 rebounds in the past two games.
- CCSU held a 41-31 rebounding edge and held the NEC's top offense to 60 points on 36 percent shooting.
- Jaden Brown had seven points, seven rebounds and two blocks.
- Abdul Momoh had eight points and six rebounds.
- Joe Ostrowsky had nine points, four assists and two steals.
- Ticket mini packs for the Blue Devils final six home games can be purchased at ccsubluedevils.com/tickets2023.
The Blue Devils return home against Wagner on Saturday.
Follow @CCSUBlueDevils on Twitter and CCSUBlueDevils.com for updates.