Women's soccer's 35-game unbeaten streak at home came to an end on Sunday after a 2-0 loss to Oregon State.
SCORE CCSU 0 Oregon State 2
LOCATION CCSU Soccer Field
RECORDS CCSU (3-2, 0-0 NEC) Oregon St. (6-0, 0-0 Pac-12)
- The Blue Devils made some great scoring oppurtunities in the first half, two by the way of junior Roma McLaughlin. Oregon State's keeper was able to make saves on her shots as well as freshman Kelly Brady's.
- The Beavers were able to control the ball for a duration of the first, but only put up one shot on junior keeper Amanda McQuillan. She saved this attempt.
- After a scoreless first half from both sides, the Beavers did not take long to get on the board in the second. McKenna Martinez chipped in a ball past McQuillan, giving Oregon State the lead.
- Junior defender Taylor Smith was taken off the field towards the end of the second half after an injury.
- The Beavers were awarded a penalty kick in the closing minutes of the game that they were able to get in, giving them a 2-0 cushion.
NUMBERS TO KNOW
2 This is only the second time since 2016 that the Blue Devils have conceded two goals on their home turf.
This is the first time since September 3, 2017 that CCSU was shutout at home.
The Blue Devils will be on the road for the next match, taking on St. John's on September 12.