Women's Soccer got itself back in the win column on Sunday with a 2-0 shutout over the Sacred Heart Pioneers.
FINAL SCORE CCSU 2, SHU 0
RECORDS CCSU (6-3-0, 3-1 NEC) SHU (4-5-1, 2-2 NEC)
- CCSU was looking to score early in this match as they so often do. Freshman Kelly Brady sent in a header off of an Erica Bardes pass that sailed just high of the goal.
- Brady kept attacking the defense after this, sending a deep pass into Giavanna Inzerillo. Inzerillo sent one streaking across the crease to Erin Sutter that Sutter skipped past SHU's keeper.
- The Blue Devils nearly struck again 10 minutes later. Brady sent another header off of a corner kick that SHU's keeper just barely had time to get out of the box.
- Brady continued peppering the defense with shots, again almost scoring twice in the second. Once on a coast-to-coast Brady sent the shot just high. On a deep strike, the results remained the same.
- CCSU did eventually get on the board again in the second, though not in the most traditional of styles. Sydnie Dorman sent a pass from Roma McLaughlin straight at SHU's keeper, but one of the Pioneer defenders made an attempt at a header that ended up sailing into the net, putting CCSU up 2-0 with just over 30 to play.
- The Blue Devils are now 17-5-5 all-time against the Pioneers and have won in the last eight matchups.
- Sutter and Dorman's goals were the first of the season for them both.
- The Blue Devils' defense was too much for the Pioneers to handle. SHU was only able to get a single shot off on CCSU, compared to 14 from the Blue Devils.
- CCSU has now had 10 seperate players score goals this season. McLaughlin and Brady still lead the team with three goals each.
The Blue Devils will travel to Merrimack on October 7.