Women's soccer secured its first win of the season Thursday with a last minute goal on the University at Albany. With 42 seconds left in regulation, freshman Kelly Brady snuck a shot past the Great Danes' goal keeper to break a 1-1 stalemate.
Score: Central Connecticut 2, UAlbany 1
Records: CCSU (1-1, 0-0 NEC), UAlbany (0-2, 0-0 AEC)
Location: Central Connecticut Soccer Field
- The Blue Devils started off the scoring early with a goal from junior Abbey Chase. The forward booted one into the goal off an assist from senior defender Erica Bardes, putting CCSU up 1-0 early.
- The Great Danes were able to answer back before the end of the first half, tying things up at 1-1.
- With 42 seconds seperating te Blue Devils from having to face off in overtime, Brady was able to score off of Bardes' second assist of the night.
- The Great Danes were not done fighting, however, and sent a shot on goal with 18 seconds left that was stopped by junior goal keeper Amanda McQuillan.
NUMBERS TO KNOW
- This is the first regular season goal McQuillan has conceded since Novemeber 3, 2019.
- The Blue Devils have not lost a game on their home field since 2017. Since 2017, they are 29-2-3 at home.
- CCSU outshot UAlbany 14-7.
The Blue Devils will be taking the field again on Sunday with a home game against the University of New Hampshire.