Women's soccer collected its second win of the season on Sunday against the University of New Hampshire.
After UNH forced overtime, junior Roma McLaughlin took care of business and sent one to the back of the net, notching her second goal of the season and winning CCSU the game.
LOCATION: CCSU Soccer Field
RECORDS: CCSU (2-1, 0-0 NEC) UNH (1-2, 0-0 AEC)
- The Blue Devils wasted no time getting on the board. Senior defender Erica Bardes scored on an unassisted goal just over 11 minutes into the match.
- Both teams went scoreless through the rest of the first half, though CCSU had a number of good chances. They outshot the Wildcats 5-3 through the first.
- UNH came out of the half hot and were able to control possession to start. Sophomore goal keeper Caitlin Murphy was able to shut them down through most of the second, recording four saves.
- With nine minutes left to play, however, the Wildcats were able to tie things up with a goal.
- CCSU did not need the full overtime period to wrap things up. McLaughlin sent a deep shot to the top right corner to put a bow on the Blue Devils' second victory of the year.
NUMBERS TO KNOW
27 The Blue Devils have gone undefeated at home for 27 straight games.
The Blue Devils will look to continue their undefeated home streak this Friday when they host Colgate.