The Central Connecticut men's soccer team cruised to a 4-0 win over Bryant on Monday at Beirne Stadium. Three Blue Devils scored in the game, including two from freshman Kacper Skonieczny, and junior Jason Dubrovich notched his second shutout of the season.
Score: Central Connecticut 4, Bryant 0
Records: Central Connecticut (3-2-1, 3-2-1 NEC), BRY (2-2-2, 2-2-2 NEC)
Location: Beirne Stadium | Smithfield, RI
- The Blue Devils opened the scoring just over 15 minutes into the game off a corner kick. The kick was sent in and Skonieczny had his shot slip past the Bulldogs' defense and goalkeeper at the near post to make it 1-0.
- CCSU doubled the lead with just over eight minutes before halftime. Skonieczny pounced on a giveaway by the Bryant defense and slipped a low shot to the far post past the goalkeeper to make it 2-0.
- Senior Khalid Rose made it 3-0 at the 64:41 mark when he picked up the ball just outside the penalty area and dribbled through the Bryant defense and unleashed a left-footed kick from the left wing to the far post for his first career goal.
- Central tacked on a goal for good measure with just under 10 minutes remaining. A free kick from the left sideline skipped through traffic and came to freshman Kyle Halehale, who was unmarked, and he settled the ball and put his shot into the back of the net to make it 4-0.
- Dubrovich posted his second shutout of the season. He made four saves.
- Skonieczny scored his third goal of the season and now leads the Blue Devils in scoring.
- Rose notched his first career goal and became the seventh different Blue Devil to score a goal this year.
- Halehale notched his second goal of the season, tying junior Sean Gannon for second on the team in scoring.
- The Blue Devils had a 5-4 edge in corner kicks. Both teams had 11 shots each.
Central hosts Sacred Heart on Monday, April 12, in a 2:00 p.m. kickoff. The game will close out the truncated spring season for CCSU. The top two teams in the Northeast Conference standings will qualify for the league's championship match.