Angie Rafter placed first in yet another race Saturday as the women's cross country team competed in the IC4A/ECAC Championships in New York. The women's team placed sixth out of the 13 schools competing with a final score of 148.
LOCATION Van Cortlandt Park | Bronx, NY
FINAL SCORE CCSU 148 (6th of 13)
- Rafter and Stony Brook's Fiona McLoughlin were battling for the gold towards the end of Saturday's race, but the CCSU senior was able to push out a victory with a three second margin. Rafter placed first with a time of 17:54, making for an average 1K time of 3:36.
- Ashley Dana (19:09) and Brooke Morabito (19:13) were the next Blue Devils to cross the finish line, seperated by just a few seconds.
- Rebecca Carusone finished next for CCSU, finishing in the top 50 with a 19:38 time.
- Kaitlyn Stevens (19:56), Kayla Cohen (20:22) and Maggie LoSchiavo (21:16) also competed for the Blue Devils on Saturday.
- This is the fifth time this season that Angie Rafter has placed first overall, while the three second difference was the closest distance from second she's faced.