Women's cross country defended its title for the fourth year in a row and was crowned Northeast Conference Champions on Saturday. Senior Angie Rafter was named NEC Individual Champion for the third time of her career.
CCSU SCORE 32, First of ten
- The Blue Devils had four of the top five runners at one point in the first lap, and kept the pack tight throughout.
- Angie Rafter was neck and neck with LIU's runner, but as we've seen three other times this season, the senior was able to pull away big late in the race. Rafter finished 45 seconds ahead of the next runner, a first place time of 17:19.80.
- Ashley Dana, last season's first place finisher, was again among the top finishers on Saturday. She paced the Blue Devils' pack and placed third with a 18:23.30 time.
- Brooke Morabito grabbed the Blue Devils third top five finish, placing fifth at 18:33.30.
- Rebecca Carusone (18:54.10) and Kaitlyn Stevens (19:07.70) each made All-Conference honors with a ninth and 14th place finish, respectively.
- This is the program's sixth NEC Championship.
- Rafter, Dana and Morabito each had sub six minute mile paces.
- With the first place finish, Rafter became the first Blue Devil to be the NEC Individual Champion three times.
The Blue Devils will have some time off before the NCAA Northeast Regionals on November 12.