The Central Connecticut women's swimming and diving team collected a trio of gold medals on the opening day of the Northeast Conference Swimming Championships at the Keystone Aquatic Center in Carlisle, PA.
In the overall standings CCSU has 193 points, just behind Bryant (264.5) and Sacred Heart (198) in the team rankings.
CLICK HERE for photo galleries
KEY PERFORMANCES (Day 1)
- 200 Free Relay – The Blue Devils team of Czulewicz, freshman Ashley Calderon, King and junior Simona Visinski placed second with a time of 1:33.93.
- 500 Free – Czulewicz won in 4:53.96, while sophomore Shannon Welcome (4:59.54) and freshman Abbey Keane (4:59.93) placed fifth and sixth, respectively.
- 200 IM – Junior Alex Lindgren was edged out and placed second at 2:06.55. Freshman Morgan O'Hara (2:09.11) and junior Mariana Espino (2:12.33) swam in the 'B' final and also scored.
- 50 Free - King won the 50 Free by .07 with a time of 23.15. Visinski (24.12) placed seventh, while junior Hallie Perrin (24.53) and Destiny Johnson (24.83) represented CCSU in the 'B' final.
- 400 Medley Relay – CCSU's team of King, Lindgren, Calderon and Visinski closed the evening with a winning time of 3:46.53.
The second day of the championships begins Wednesday morning. Although fans are not permitted to be in attendance, the action will stream live and for free on www.NECFrontRow.com.