The Central Connecticut women's swimming and diving team added to its collection of gold medals on the second night at the Northeast Conference Swimming Championships at the Keystone Aquatic Center in Carlisle, PA. Junior Katie Czulewicz won her second individual gold of the week, claiming a win in the 200 free, while classmate Jeannette King also won her second crown of the week with a win in the 100 yard backstroke. The Blue Devils closed the night with a win in the 800 free relay for the squad's third gold medal of the night.
CCSU moved into second in the team standings with 441 points, while Bryant leads with 528.5 points.
Northeast Conference Championships | NEC SWIMMING AND DIVING CHAMPIONSHIP HOME
Location: Keystone Aquatic Center | Carlisle, PA
CLICK HERE for photo galleries
KEY PERFORMANCES (Day 2)
- 200 Medley Relay – The Blue Devils team of juniors Hallie Perrin, Mariana Espino, freshman Ashley Calderon and King placed second with a time of 1:43.23 in a close race that had the top three teams separated by under a second.
- 400 IM – Junior Alex Lindgren (4:29.42) and freshman Morgan O'Hara (4:36.20) swam in the 'A' final and sophomore Abby Bacon (4:35.63) swam in the 'B' final for the Blue Devils.
- 100 Butterfly – Calderon placed fifth with a time of 55.98. The top five finishers all finished under 56.0 and were separated by just .49 seconds.
- 200 Free - Czulewicz claimed CCSU's first win of the night with a time of 1:50.09, narrowly edging teammate, sophomore Shannon Welcome (1:51.22). Junior Simona Visinski (1:52.96) and freshman Abbey Keane (1:54.95) placed fourth and sixth, respectively. Junior Kaylin McMahon (1:57.12) rounded out the CCSU contingent in the finals.
- 100 Breaststroke - Bacon (1:06.57) placed seventh, while Espino (1:06.15) also earned a Top 10 finish.
- 100 Backstroke - King won by .15 with a time of 54.72. Calderon turned in a time of 57.10, while Perrin clocked in at 57.97 to all score for Central.
- 800 Free Relay - The team of Czulewicz, Keane, sophomore Shannon Welcome and Visinski pulled away down the stretch for a comfortable with with a time of 7:32.16 to close the evening.
The championships conclude on Thursday with the prelims in the morning, followed by the finals in the evening Although fans are not permitted to be in attendance, the action will stream live and for free on www.NECFrontRow.com.