The Central Connecticut women's swimming and diving team won three more gold medals on the final night of competition at the Northeast Conference Swimming Championships at the Keystone Aquatic Center in Carlisle, PA. Junior Jeannette King was named Outstanding Swimmer of the Meet after winning her third individual title of the week with a win in the 200 yard freestyle.
Junior Alex Lindgren won the 200 breaststroke and the Blue Devils won the evening's final event with a victory in the 400 free relay.
CCSU scored 615.5 points to finish second in the team standings, while Bryant won the team title with 739.5 points.
Northeast Conference Championships | NEC SWIMMING AND DIVING CHAMPIONSHIP HOME
Location: Keystone Aquatic Center | Carlisle, PA
CLICK HERE for photo galleries
DAY 3 SCHEDULE: PRELIMS // FINALS || DAY 3 RESULTS: PRELIMS // FINALS
DAY 2 SCHEDULE: PRELIMS // FINALS || DAY 2 RESULTS: PRELIMS // FINALS
DAY 1 SCHEDULE: PRELIMS // FINALS || DAY 1 RESULTS: PRELIMS // FINALS
KEY PERFORMANCES (Day 3)
- 1650 Free - Freshman Abbey Keane earned bronze in the opening event of the night with a time of 17:14.56
- 200 Back - Senior Erin Brown (2:04.51) and freshman Nathalie Pena (2:07.30) both earned top 10 finishes, while freshman Morgan O'Hara (2:06.38) scored points with her finish in the 'B' final.
- 100 Free - King earned her third individual gold of the week with a time of 50.20. Juniors Simona Visinski (51.64) and Katie Czulewicz (51.86) just missed the podium, placing fourth and fifth respectively. Junior Hallie Perrin (53.63) and junior Destiny Johnson (53.79) scored in the 'B' final.
- 200 Breaststroke - Lindgren won with a time of 2:17.04, while sophomore Abby Bacon (2:22.13) earned bronze. Junior Mariana Espino (2:24.69) placed sixth.
- 200 Fly - Sophomore Shannon Welcome just missed bronze with a time of 2:05.80 to place fourth, while freshman Ashley Calderon (2:06.74) placed sixth.
- 400 Free Relay - Czulewicz, King, Visinski and sophomore Shannon Welcome won the final event of the night going away.