The Central Connecticut swimming and diving team won for the third weekend in a row, topping Rhode Island, 149-143, at the Tootell Aquatic Center on Saturday. The Blue Devils have topped the Rams in each of the last two seasons.
- CCSU opened with a win in the 200 Medley Relay. Junior Hallie Perrin, junior Mariana Espino, freshman Ashley Calderon and junior Katie Czulewicz turned in a time of 1:50.46.
- Freshman Abbey Keane won the 1,000 free in a time of 10:51.41.
- Czulewicz claimed a win in the 200 free in1:54.53, while freshman Morgan O'Hara placed third in 1:59.80.
- Sophomore Shannon Welcome won the 200 fly in 2:10.59, while junior Kaylin McMahon placed second in 2:14.55.
- Junior Jeannette King and Perrin finished 1-2 in the 50 free. King touched the wall in 25.01 to win, just ahead of Perrin (25.22).
- Czulewicz (53.45) won the 100 free ahead of Perrin (54.95) who placed second.
- Freshman Nathalie Pena won the 200 backstroke in 2:07.65, while O'Hara (2:12.58) and senior Erin Brown (2:14.20) placed third and fourth, respectively.
- Junior Alex Lindgren won the 200 breaststroke in 2:23.70, while sophomore Abby Bacon placed third in 2:29.60.
- Welcome won the 500 free in 5:14.77 for her second victory of the day.
- The Blue Devils went 1-2-3 in the 100 fly. Calderon won in 58.47, while McMahon (1:01.82) and Brown (1:03.19) finished second and third.
- Central finished 2-3-4 in the 100 backstroke. Calderon (59.25), junior Jeannette King (59.26) and freshman Nathalie Pena (59.86) all touched the wall less that 0:01 behind the race winner.
- Junior Alex Lindgren finished in 1:08.35 to take second in the 100 breaststroke.