The Central Connecticut swimming and diving team topped Sacred Heart, 184.5-112.5, on Saturday in the teams' season-opener. The Blue Devils finished 1-2 in nine events on the day.
- The team of juniors Katie Czulewicz, Hallie Perrin, Jeannette King and Simona Visinski broke the pool record in the 400 freestyle relay with a time of 3:38.83 in the final event of the day.
- CCSU relays finished 1-2 in the 200 medley relay. Perrin, junior Mariana Espino, freshman Ashley Calderon and King placed first with a time of 1:50.01. Freshman Nathalie Pena, junior Alex Lindgren, sophomore Shannon Welcome and Visinski placed second in a time of 1:52.04.
- Freshman Abbey Keane won the 1,000 free in a time of 10:44.47. Junior Kaylin McMahon placed second in the event, touching the wall in 11:19.49.
- King and Welcome finished 1-2 in the 200 free. King won in 1:56.42, while Welcome finished in 1:59.95.
- The Blue Devils took first and second in the 100 backstroke, with Pena winning in 1:00.66. Freshman Morgan O'Hara was just behind in 1:02.45.
- In the 100 yard breasstroke, Espino won with a time of 1:08.66. Sophomore Abby Bacon placed second with a time of 1:10.61.
- King (54.21) and Visinski (55.26) finished 1-2 in the 100 yard free, while Pena (2:09.45) and Calderon (2:15.22) went 1-2 in the 200 yard backstroke.
- Lindgren and Bacon took the top two spots in the 200 yard breaststroke. Lindgren won in 2:24.58, while Bacon finished in 2:33.76.
- Lindgren won the 200 yard IM with a time of 1:12.44, while O'Hara placed second in 2:14.02.
- A pair of Blue Devils also won in the 200 yard butterfly, 50 free and 500 yard free. Calderon won the 200 fly with a time of 2:12.29, while Czulewicz won the 50 free with a time of 25.12. Czulewicz won her second event of the day with a time of 5:11.65 in the 500 free.
- The Blue Devils are back in the pool when they take on UConn on Friday, January 29. The action starts at 4:00 p.m. at the Wolff-Zackin Natatorium in Storrs, CT.