Swimming and Diving will host Rhode Island on Saturday for Senior Day, and the men's basketball team has a pair of key home NEC contests.
Thursday, January 26 - at Merrimack, 7:00 pm
- Central Connecticut will head to North Andover, MA on Thursday night to face the Merrimack Warriors. Tipoff is set for 7:00pm at Lawler Arena.
- This game marks the 6th Division I meeting between the two teams. and Central will e looking to improve their record to 4-3 against the Warriors.
- The Blue Devils last defeated Merrimack at home, 75-66, during the 2021-22 season.
Saturday, January 28 - at Saint Francis University, 7:00 pm
- The Blue Devils are back on the road on Saturday to play Saint Francis University in Loretto, PA. Tipoff is set for 7:00 pm at DeGol Arena.
- CCSU will be looking to improve their record to 11-24 against the Red Flash.
Friday, January 27 - at UConn. 6:00 pm.
Saturday, January 28 - vs URI (Senior Day). 2:00 pm
- The Blue Devils round out the dual meet portion of their schedule at UConn on Friday and at home, for Senior Day, on Saturday versus URI
- Abby Bacon and Shannon Welcome will be recognized for their careers with CCSU swimming and diving prior to the 2pm meet on Saturday
Friday, January 27 (Men) & 28 (Women) - at BU Terrier Invite @ Boston University
- Track and Field will head to Boston for the BU Terrier Invite this weekend. The men will compete on Friday, and the women on Saturday.
- Angie Rafter and Alissa Hurd represented the Blue Devils in the NEC Weekly Awards on 1/24.
- Rafter took home her fourth Track Athlete of the Week award after winning and breaking her own school record in the mile at the Ramapo College Opener.
- Hurd won her second Field Athlete of the Week Award after matching her NEC-best performance in the high jump, clearing 1.65m, and taking second place at the Ramapo College Opener.
- Rafter and Hurd were named Prime Performers alongside teammates Ashley Dana and Brooke Morabito.
Thursday, January 26 - vs Merrimack, 7:00 pm
Saturday, January 28 - vs Saint Francis U, 1:00 pm
- Central returns to New Britain for a pair of home games, hosting Merrimack on Thursday and Saint Francis U on Saturday.
- CCSU is coming off a 58-42 win at LIU, allowing its fewest points in a game since a 60-34 win over Bryant on Feb. 4, 2010.
- Andre Snoddy was named a NEC Prime Performer on Tuesday. He posted two double-doubles and averaged 13.5 ppg and 15.5 rpg last week.
- Central Connecticut is excited to announce the return of the National Girls and Womens Sports Day Event, Saturday, February 4. Read more and register here!