Volleyball defended its home court well in its first home match of the seaon, sweeping Fairleigh Dickinson 3-0.
FINAL SCORE CCSU 3 FDU 0
RECORDS CCSU (5-11, 2-1 NEC) FDU (5-11, 0-3 NEC)
LOCATION New Britain, CT
- The Blue Devils made some errors at the start of the first set, but were able to keep their composure and jump out to a 7-13 lead. The Knights were able to gain back some lost ground and were within one at one point. Michelle Jung served up two kills while FDU committed three errors to help CCSU take the first.
- FDU took an early lead in the second set and looked to be gaining some momentum, but sophomore Isabelle Roufs took things over to help push CCSU. Roufs scored five kills in the set, including three late, to secure a 25-22 set win.
- The Knights had the Blue Devils on the ropes late in the third set. FDU lead 19-17 late, but two blocks and a kill from Roufs put CCSU in the driver's seat. Mia Lombardo scored the 25th point, completing the sweep.
- Roufs led the Blue Devils with 11 kills while hitting an impressive .381.
- Ashlyn Eisenga and Emma Henderson each had double digit digs against the Knights, Henderson with 13 and Eisenga with 19.
- Natalie Novak and Tori Boulay each contributed 17 assists.
- This is CCSU's second sweep of a conference opponent this season. Last season they had two over the duration of the season.
The Blue Devils will look to keep the success going tomorrow as they host Saint Francis U.