The Central Connecticut women's lacrosse closed its season with a 15-3 setback against Merrimack at Duane Stadium in North Andover, MA. The Blue Devils trailed by just two goals in the early going, but the Warriors would use a 8-1 run to close the first half and pull away.
The Blue Devils got goals from three different players.
Score: Central Connecticut 3, Merrimack 15
Records: CCSU (0-14, 0-12 NEC), MC (3-10, 3-8 NEC)
Location: Duane Stadium| North Andover, MA
- Freshman Lauren Valluzzi would score at the 24:31 mark of the first half to get CCSU within 3-1. The Warriors responded by scoring four straight and outscoring the Blue Devils, 8-1, the rest of the period. Freshman Katelyn Parker would score CCSU's second goal at the 16:11 mark.
- Freshman Eliz Fino scored with 27:26 remaining to open the second half, but the Blue Devils were kept off the board the rest of the way. Fino's goal converted Central's only successful free position shot of the day.
- Parker and senior Molly Coogan each had a team-high three draw controls.
- Seniors Emma Sullivan and Olivia Prizzi and junior Raphaela DaSilva each had two ground balls. DaSilva would add two caused turnovers.
- Senior Cooper Cowdin made 8 saves and had one ground ball. She would lead Central with 40 ground balls on the season.
- Graduate Morgan Sinton did not play, but she led CCSU in scoring for the season with 24 points on 20 goals and four assists.
- Coogan had a team-high 23 draw controls on the year.
- Senior Sullivan led the team with 12 caused turnovers on the season.