The Central Connecticut women's lacrosse team dropped its Northeast Conference opener to Wagner, 15-3, on Saturday afternoon. The Blue Devils (0-3, 0-1 NEC) trailed throughout to the Seahawks (1-1, 1-0 NEC).
Central plays at Sacred Heart on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m.
Score: Central Connecticut 3, Wagner 15
Records: CCSU (0-3, 0-1 NEC), WAG (1-1, 1-0 NEC)
Location: Arute Field | New Britain, CT
- Wagner built an 11-0 lead in the opening half to take control of the contest. Kasey Dorney accounted for the first three goals and totaled five in the period.
- CCSU opened the second half with a goal from senior Molly Coogan, but Wagner answered with four straight scores.
- The Blue Devils got late goals from sophomore Jillian Schwab and junior Jessica Denike to close out the game's scoring.
NUMBER TO KNOW
8 - Central matched a season-high with eight draw controls
- Senior Cooper Cowdin made a season-high 11 saves in goal for the Blue Devils.
- Coogan had a game-high six draw controls, along with two ground balls.
- Senior Olivia Prizzi recorded an assist for CCSU.
The Blue Devils play at Sacred Heart on Wednesday, March 10, in a 3:00 p.m. contest.