The Central Connecticut softball team closed out the Tenn State Tiger Classic with a 6-2 loss to Creighton on Sunday afternoon. Central trailed 3-2 heading into the final inning, but gave up three runs in the top of the seventh. Rian Eigenmann and Meg Dugas each had one run for the Blue Devils and Kaitlin Paterson had two RBI.
Score: Central Connecticut 2, Creighton 6
Records: CCSU (1-3), Creighton (7-4)
Location: Tenn State Tiger Classic - Nashville, Tenn.
- Creighton took a 1-0 lead in the top of the second with a score off a wild pitch.
- The Bluejays scored two more runs in the top of the fifth to push the lead 3-0.
- Central responded in the bottom of the fifth with two runs. With Eigenmann on second and Dugas on first, Patterson hit a double to right center sending both runners home cutting the lead 3-2.
- Creighton scored its final three runs in the seventh and allowed no hits for the Blue Devils to close the game.
- Central had 14 strikeouts on the game
Central hosts Manhattan for its home opener for a pair of games on March 11 starting at 1 p.m.