The Central Connecticut men's indoor track and field team totaled 12 points during day one of the 2020 Northeast Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships. Wagner is currently in first place with 41.5 points. The meet continues tomorrow on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Meet: 2020 Northeast Conference Championship
Location: Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex - Staten Island, NY
KEY PERFORMANCES | DAY ONE RESULTS
- Miles Fye-Moore advanced to the 60 meter dash finals after posting a qualifying time of 6.97. He also advanced to the 200 meter dash finals.
- Andrew Findley will compete in the 500 meter run finals. He posted a time of 1:05.12 in the preliminary round.
- Richard Grudzwick clocked in at 1:56.37 to advance to the 800 meter run finals.
- Roberto Piotto earned four points for Central in the 3,000 meter run with a fifth place finish and Alex Norstrom added in two points after coming in seventh.
- Edwin Alston, Tyrik Henry and Quincy Sanchez all advanced to the 60 meter hurdles finals.
- Kevorni Welsh earned four points for CCSU in the high jump and two points in the long jump.
Central continues for day two of the NEC Championship starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday with the 60 meter hurdles final.