The Central Connecticut men's basketball team travels to Baltimore this weekend for a pair of games. The Blue Devils will face Lafayette at Noon on Saturday, November 19, and then play UMBC on Sunday, November 20, at 1:00 p.m.
• Central Connecticut plays on back-to-back days this weekend against Lafayette and UMBC.
• CCSU will face former league mate UMBC for the first time since 2014, while meeting Lafayette for just the fourth time - the first since 2008.
• Patrick Sellers is in his 2nd season at the helm of Central. His squad returns three starters and a total of eight letterwinners.
• Following the weekend, CCSU will return home to host Maine on Nov. 23.
WHAT TO KNOW
• Kellen Amos has double-figures in all 3 games and ranks 3rd in the NEC at 17.0 ppg.
• Nigel Scantlebury, a preseason All-NEC pick, has scored 16 points in each of the past two games and is leading the team with 3.7 assists per game.
• Andre Snoddy posted his fifth career double-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds vs. Quinnipiac. He was named to the NEC All-Rookie Team last season.
• Central made a season-high 10 three-pointers at St. John's and is averaging 9.0 three-pointers per game and making 32.5% of its three-point attempts. CCSU hit 235 three-pointers last season, the second-highest single-season total in program history.
• CCSU is committing an NEC-low 11.0 turnovers per game. The Blue Devils turned the ball over just 8 times against Quinnipiac.
NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL VIDEO SERIES (BRACKETING)
• Week 1 (October 17): How the committee prepares for the season with metrics, data and conference reporting. (Men's Basketball)
• Week 2 (October 24): Selections. (Men's Basketball)
• Week 3 (October 31): Seeding. (Men's Basketball)
• Week 4 (November 7): Bracketing. (Men's Basketball)
NCAA WEEKLY WHISTLE (YOUTUBE)